Pandemic-Friendly Exercises and Activities for the Whole Family
Are you looking for some pandemic-friendly exercises and activities that can be enjoyed in your home gym, living room, or backyard? You’ve come to the right place! Here is a list of pandemic-friendly home workouts, healthy habits, and safe outdoor activities that can be enjoyed as a family during COVID-19. Read on to get started!
How to Get Started
Whether you’re looking to try high-intensity interval training (HIIT), martial arts, or a general fitness routine, these resources will help you to set up a home gym and find the right workout video for your family to break a sweat to and even get a motivation boost.
- Start by learning how to safely exercise at home with your home fitness equipment.
- Turn your living room into a temporary workout space if you can’t build a permanent in-home fitness studio.
- Find an online exercise class for you and your family to enjoy during the pandemic.
- For added motivation, invest in new leggings, a rash guard or a tank from Grapple Happy.
- Wareable has some tips on how to properly use your fitness tracker so that it’s more accurate, effective, and beneficial.
- Don’t have a fitness tracker? Invest in a new smartwatch that’s calibrated to track every move and that provides instant access to your fitness metrics.
Healthy Habits to Incorporate Into Your Family’s Routine
Physical activity is important to your family’s overall health and wellness, but other things like practicing mindfulness and eating a healthy diet are just as vital — especially during COVID-19. To keep you and your household as happy and healthy as possible, it’s time to start incorporating the following habits into your daily routine.
- Build a better morning routine for a happier, healthier, and more fulfilling day.
- Jumpstart your healthy living goals by practicing yoga, preparing healthy meals at home, and working physical activity into your everyday life.
- Turn everyday chores and activities into physical activity for the whole family.
- Find your zen before bedtime by listening to a guided meditation for better sleep.
Safe Outdoor Activities for Families
If the weather is cooperative, you can take some of your family workouts and activities outdoors for an hour or two at the park, beach, tennis courts, or nature trails. Here’s how to do it safely.
- Take your yoga routine outdoors and enjoy the benefits of practicing in your backyard or local park.
- Visit a beach on a non-crowded day, swim in a pool or the ocean, or play tennis as a family. These outdoor activities are relatively safe to engage in as a family, but you’ll still want to wear a mask when needed and distance yourself from non-household members.
- Hike, walk, run, or camp as a family, but do so responsibility with these tips from The American Hiking Society.
- Play a few outdoor games and sports right in your own backyard.
With COVID-19 cases on the rise again, the safest place we can be is at home with our families. But fortunately, there are plenty of family-friendly exercises and activities that can be enjoyed at home and in our backyards — and many of them are included right here in this helpful guide!